Commercial Air Barrier Installation
At Orr Industries, we install liquid-applied air and weather barriers in Scranton and surrounding areas for a variety of structures. We will review your specific project to assess the correct solution based on a building’s design. Our product of choice is Enershield-HP.
Product Features: Enershield-HP: Vapor Permeable Air/Water-Resistive Barrier
Enershield-HP (high permeability) is a one-component fluid-applied vapor permeable air/water-resistive barrier based on Silica Fortified Rubber chemistry. This resilient water-resistant coating may be roller-, brush-, trowel-, or spray-applied directly to approved wall substrates. Enershield-HP should not be used for below-grade applications or on surfaces subject to water immersion.
- Approved for project requiring Air Barrier Association of America performance specifications and quality assurance
- Enershield-HP provides excellent secondary moisture protection behind many wall claddings including brick, siding, metal panels, EIFS and stucco. (A slip-sheet is required for stucco claddings.)
- Enershield-HP qualifies as both an air/water-resistive barrier and flexible flashing material because it meets ASTM E2357, ICC-ES AC212 and ICC-ES AC148 requirements
- As a liquid-applied, continuous membrane it eliminates seams, lap joints and staples; transmits wind load directly to the substrate
- Silica Fortified Rubber technology offers strength, durability and self-sealing properties and require you to apply less material to achieve effective functioning
- Can be applied at temperature at low as 25°F (4°C) when LT Additive is added
- Applicator friendly, quick applying and fast drying
- Its textured surface allows sealants, adhesives and spray polyurethane foam to firmly bond
- Suitable for extreme temperature service; meets ASTM D5147 Compound Stability rating of 350°F and ASTM D1970 Cold Temperature Pliability with no cracks after bending a 1″ mandrel at 0°F
- Safe: water-based, low VOC and non-flammable